(As if Christ is speaking ) “You are surrounded by a sea of problems, but you are face to face with Me, your Peace. As long as you focus on me, you are safe. If you gaze too long at the myriad of problems around you, you will sink under the weight of your burdens. When you start to sink, simply call out “Help me Jesus!” and I will lift you up.Why didn’t I read that before my days of meetings started? Yesterday, I felt like I was sinking. But thankfully, I am now trying to look Christ face to face and not down at the mess around me. I know God has a plan. I am praying for wisdom to see that plan and to make the best choices possible. Pray for all involved in this case- for God to soften hearts, grant wisdom, and for the concern to be for Mercy’s best interests.
Sunday, January 16, 2011
Changing Focus
Tomorrow starts a new work week and hopefully some progress in this adoption. I’ve met with many people in the last few days. Just yesterday I was given about 4 different choices on what to do. It was all a bit overwhelming. I came home and told Beth that it was just too much. I don’t know exactly what to do. None of it is easy or a given. Nothing is likely to happen too quickly and I just want someone to come in and make the decisions for me. Then I sat down to read from my new devotional book, “Jesus Calling” by Sarah Young. This is part of the passage from yesterday.

