I wanted to remind you about my Bead Party tomorrow night (Thursday). I am really excited to show you all some of the beautiful jewelry made by the women in Uganda. Just to clarify, this is all jewelry that I already purchased in Uganda and I am now selling to you. You don’t have to place an order or anything like that, it’s just first come, first serve on what I have on hand. The party is come and go from 6-9pm at my house. Anyone is welcome, so bring a friend. And for you out-of-towners, I’ll post all of the leftovers sometime this weekend, or if there is much demand, I can always buy more on this next trip.
In other news, Cody and I got to Skype with Mercy this morning. She was in a great mood, so I even got to talk to her. I was getting out of the shower when they called. Cody said Doug and Kat had the laptop on the bed and Mercy just plopped down on her tummy in front of it, looked at him and said, “Hi!” and started blowing him kisses. When I came in and started talking to her, she was all smiles and clapped for me. It warms my heart to see her happy and doing so well. I hate the idea of leaving home again, but I am excited to kiss and hug on Mercy next week.
We continue to be blown away by everyone’s love and concern. Just one evidence of this is Mercy’s closet. Months ago I mentioned that Mercy did not have any Fall/Winter clothes. Immediately, several friends went and bought things in anticipation of us coming home soon. Others gave us amazing hand-me-downs. I’ve spent hours this past week going through the clothes, figuring out what may fit, sorting sizes, and hanging them in the closet. Then this past week, I got even more clothes, many for Spring/Summer. She should be set for at least 9 months on clothes. Some of them are so cute, I cannot wait to put them on her. She’s going to be styling! I have had to buy very few things for Mercy at all. We’ve had a crib, changing table, sheets, clothes, diapers, strollers, car seats, diaper bags, and toys all given to us. Thank you friends. You are such a blessing!
We still don’t really have any updates on our case or an approximate timeline to share. We just ask you to keep praying for things to go smoothly and quickly when I return. There are a couple of options for the way things could progress, we’re just waiting to see which route to take and which doors God opens for us. I also ask you to pray for Emma and Avery. I know it’s going to be hard for them next week with me leaving again. Just when we start to get back in a regular routine I will leave. They have been so amazing through this whole process, but I just ask you to pray for strength and patience for them.

