Monday, February 21, 2011

Challenging

Tomorrow has the potential to be a very challenging day. I really can’t go in to details on this public blog, but I have to take care of some of the things that the judge wants done. It won’t be fun. It may be hard. I may get asked a lot of questions. So if you think about it, please pray for me. Pray for wisdom and for the right words. Pray for my heart and love for Mercy to shine through. Pray for people to see me for who I am and what my family is like.

Thank you for your prayers during elections. Things were very peaceful here in Kampala. Wednesday is voting for the local elections, so that means another day of staying in. Praying for peace to continue.

And one more note... Cody's been getting on to me for not allowing comments on my posts.  A lot of you comment when I link to the posts on Facebook, but he thought that those of you who are not my Facebook friend might want a chance to put in your two cents too.  So, comments are turned on.  If I don't know you at all, I'd love to hear a comment on how you found out about our story.  It amazes me every day to hear about people I've never met that follow our story so closely and continually pray for us.  It means the world to me and my family.  Happy Commenting!

13 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa! My name is Heather Leggett and I work with Debbie White as a PAT Educator here in Mulvane. I've learned bits and pieces of your story through Debbie & Whitney Phipps, and then became more educated as I began to read your blog. Our family is praying for you all and if there is any way we can help from here, please do let us know!

    http://hleggett.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so glad you opened it up because so many times I have wanted to say Hi and that we are praying! Praying for tomorrow! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for comments!!! I am with Shauna...so many times, I want to leave comments and forget to go back to fb to do so:) Praying for your words to be of Him and for the spirit to lead you all day...for receptive hearts as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you !! These difficult days will be used for something powerful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Melissa! My husband Mark and I met you when we were in Kampala last month. We're following your story and hoping to see Mercy come home soon! We'll be back in Uganda in a few weeks to adopt our baby girl too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Melissa! You don't know me...but I am hooked to your story. I got connected to your blog through Doug and Kat as they were friends of mine while in MS. I can't wait to read about the next chapters in your life! I know God has powerful plans for Mercy's life and I can't wait to watch and see where He leads you all! Prayers are being lifted up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melissa,

    It was such a joy getting to know you! You are so very strong and your faith is a testimony to many! We will continue to pray for you and your family!

    With much love,
    Kristi Smith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Melissa,
    I heard about your story through Shauna and Kathy Vaughan. I have been praying for you and will continue to keep you in my prayers! Especially tomorrow.
    With Love,
    Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Melissa - My name is Stephanie. Your mother-in-law, Susan, is one of my very best friends and have heard your story through her. I am praying for you and Cody and your family! Praying for God's favor w/ the judge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi Melissa!
    i just read some of your posts and am so amazed at your faith and your dedication to your beautiful girl Mercy. i met you in Kampala a few weeks ago (with Mandie and Rachel) and i am now considering adopting a 6-year-old girl. here's a link to my blog: www.christinaswinger.wordpress.com
    i would appreciate any advice or suggestions you have. i'm praying for you today, and hope things go as well as possible with the judge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Melissa,
    My name is Diane Huff and I knew Cody back in his Jr. High and High School days. He nicknamed me Dian-o-saurus.... He has always had a silly sense of humor.
    I want you to know that I believe you are such an amazing woman of God! Mercy is so blessed to have you because you will follow God's call, no matter the cost. You inspire me! My family, friends, and women's Bible study pray for you daily!
    God's peace and presence be with you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Melissa,

    I was introduced to this blog by a friend of a friend --- Amy, from Mulvane - her blog is where I heard about this. I have never yet met Amy, but follow her blog faithfully and am often inspired. Now your story has blessed me also. I admire your strength and the incredible faith you possess. God will richly bless you for the example of unconditional love and faith you are displaying. Praying for you and Mercy:)

    ReplyDelete