Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Simple Request

This is a post to give a brief synopsis of our adoption story.  A sweet lady and fellow pastor's wife who has an amazing blog A Place Called Simplicity is taking prayer requests for adoption situations.  Thousands of people read her blog each day and commit to pray for people.  I got to meet one of this lady's precious daughters, Abi,  while she and her husband were here adopting a baby last fall.  Abi even sent me an awesome care package last month with books for Mercy, magazines, CD's, and snacks.  Love her!! 

Anyway, on to our synopsis... I met a sweet 3 week old baby girl in Uganda in June of 2009 while here on a mission trip.  Shortly after, my husband I started pursuing adoption of her.  In August of 2010 I came back to Uganda to go to court for the adoption.  In September 2010 we were granted an adoption.  Unfortunately because of some discrepencies in the documentation I have not been able to get Mercy a visa.  I have now been in Uganda 29 weeks (- 2.5 weeks for Christmas).  The last 21 weeks I have been trying to get the discrepencies resolved within the Ugandan court system to no avail.  My sweet husband has been home taking care of our two other daughters and managing life at home.  By miraculous events, my husband has been in Uganda with me for the last week and a half for a visit.  We keep hitting roadblock after roadblock, but we love this child with all of our hearts.  She has no one else willing to care for her and we are willing to do whatever it takes to get her home with us.  Please pray for us to find a way to resolution and for Mercy to be issued a visa as soon as possible.  As you can well imagine, this has been draining on the whole family.  But God is good and continues to use this time for good.  We trust Him and His timing and He is the reason we've been able to endure this trial so far.  Thank you for your prayers and I hope you'll look back through my blog to see the many ways we've seen God at work on this "Road to Mercy".

Be sure to check out A Place Called Simplicity for more families in the adoption process that need prayer.

7 comments:

  1. Just came over from A Place Called Simplicity. Please know that I am prayng for you and a quick resolution to the visa problem. Our God is a big God and He is able. Blessings to you. Be encouraged!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gosh, I came from Linny's blog...
    I am in awe, I am in awe of your commitment to the Father and HIS will and no the will of government officials. I am reminded of the woman who was ill and tugged on Jesus coat as He walked by, He then stopped and spoke and she was healed. I am asking Jesus, right now this minute to stop, and HEAL this situation. Jesus we thank you for this family and believe you will change this situation now in the name of Jesus. AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you. I know God will see you through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayed for you and your family! Stopped by from Linny's blog. Thank you for sharing your story. May God strengthen you in your wait.
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless your heart! I will pray for you and Mercy to come home quickly!

    ReplyDelete