I tried to think of a word to describe this post, but I can not come up with one. I'm a jumbled mess of emotions right now. Yesterday afternoon we took the girls to see "Despicable Me". (Very cute movie by the way... and pro-adoption, woo hoo!) While we were in the theater my phone buzzed that I had an e-mail. Now, normally I would not take the time to check an e-mail in the movies. I don't want to be "that person", but for some reason (God!) I felt the need to look at it. I glanced at the title and it was from Trudy and about Mercy, so of course I really had to read it. Unfortunately, it was not good news. Trudy went to spend the day with Mercy on Saturday. Mercy's been sick for a long time. We're not sure what is causing it or if it's related to her other problems, but she was not in good shape. Trudy also has some other concerns about her health and care, but I'm not going in to all of the details here. I am so thankful that Trudy was able to see Mercy's needs first hand. And then God really moved and helped Trudy orchestrate a way for Mercy to move to another home in a couple of weeks. Also, God provided a way for Mercy to get some extra care in the meantime, and Trudy was able to find some better medicine and supplies for her. Please pray for my sweet girl.
On a good note, Trudy says Mercy knows how to stick up for herself. Right as Trudy walked up to her home yesterday, she saw Mercy lean down a take bite out of a boy's bare bottom. Trudy also reports that several times she held her own when older kids got to close.. she would just whack them. Anyone who remembers Avery's toddler days knows they must be sisters! Trudy also says she has an adorable laugh, beautiful smile, and loves to play peekabo.
More discouraging news... we've had some troubles with our attorney and our paperwork. It is very frustrating, but I won't bore you with all of the details. It is so hard to handle all of these details from the other side of the world. Please pray for our paperwork and our case. We really need things to move swiftly.
I am frustrated, confused, angry, disappointed, and worried. I know God is in control. I know He has a plan. We have already seen Him work in just the past 24 hours. But right now I'm just being honest and saying that this is not easy and we need your prayers.

