My heart goes out to the people of Uganda this week. I'm so sad to hear of the bombings and the senseless loss of life. But the people of Uganda are strong. They've endured much and they will carry on. It breaks my heart to hear of the American that died in the attack. Nate Henn finally had realized a dream of visiting Uganda after working tirelessly to help the people there. He worked with a group called Invisible Children, which has done amazing work for the people of Northern Uganda. His family set up a website in his honor, http://www.natehenn.com/. You can go there to read more of his story.
Some of you have asked a few questions about our situation and how it relates to this bombing...
*Mercy is just fine. She lives in a village far from the capital city.
*I do think it's still safe to travel to Uganda, or just as safe as it's always been. I believe these terrorists were trying to make a statement by initiating this attack during the World Cup finals. I hope and pray the violence does not continue, but there will most likely always be terrorists and evil people in the world... at least until Jesus returns. We could just as easily be attacked in New York City or Oklahoma City for that matter. You just never know and will drive yourself crazy trying to predict such things.
*The second "Libraries of Love" team was in Kampala the day of the bombings. They were just fine and stayed the whole next day in their hotel for security reasons. They flew out this morning and safely made it to London. They'll arrive back in the states tomorrow afternoon.
*Aunt Trudy, "Libraries of Love" director is still in Kampala and will be for a couple more weeks. Pray for her safety... not just because of the bombings, but because when her teams leave she gets much more adventurous and always has very exciting, death-defying stories.
Here's one of the latest news articles on the bombings that I've found. I'm glad to hear they are making progress and making arrests.

