My heart hurts tonight as I write this. We hit another roadblock today. Just when I think we certainly cannot hit another one, we do. Due to some crazy circumstances and misunderstandings, the judge would not hear my case today. We are not exactly sure what our next step is. I meet with my lawyer again in the morning, and hope to get a bit more insight then. For anything to happen quickly, God is going to have to move some major mountains. I feel quite helpless right now. I know this did not surprise God today, but it sure did surprise me. All I know to do right now is to sit back and watch Him work out the details.
All of your thoughts, prayers, emails, and facebook posts/messages are very much appreciated. It’s humbling to know that people all over the world are praying for my family right now. For those who say I am a strong woman, I can only say that any strength I have left comes from the Father. Many of you have asked what you can do. You want to fight for us and I love you all for it. Honestly, right now we don’t know what to do. But when or if we do need you to fight for us, we will let you know. This is a very complicated situation and we want to make sure that everything we do is done legally and respectfully of both of the governments involved. This may take more patience and strength than I have, but I know who can give me more. None of this is according to my master plan, but then again I am not The Master.
Have I told you lately how amazing my husband is? I called Cody today after leaving my lawyer's office. I was standing in the foyer of a bank downtown waiting on Beth to finish up a quick errand. I stood there crying my eyes out trying to make sense of all of this. He loved me through it as he always does and helped me find some peace. When I finally got back to the house I had the sweetest email from him. He's my best encourager because he understands more than anyone how my crazy little mind works. He knew just what I needed to hear. He sent me this scripture (which a few other friends shared with me today too!) 2 Corinthians 4:8-9 "We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed." This is exactly how I feel, but I am so grateful for the second part of this and the truth of Scripture and my husband that reminds me of these things.
On the way back home from court, we made one of our last turns, and there was a truck sitting on the side of this busy road blaring music. What song do you think was playing? If you’ve kept up with my blog posts the past month or so, you won’t believe it… “God Will Make a Way”. Seriously, I wanted to laugh and cry. Thanks God for that not so subtle reminder.
===============
In other news… there are three girls in school here at the house where I am staying to be housemaids. They are all young single moms that Harriett found through the Crisis Pregnancy Center. Remember, yesterday I told you they were very excited to hear about the Mama Kits and wanted to know if they could give them to friends. This morning, as I walked out of my room in my PJ’s there were already 3 girls waiting on me to get their kits. 2 more showed up before I left for court. When I returned, Harriett told me that she passed out at least 10 more during the day. Each woman was thrilled to receive the kit. Most all of them are single moms from the slums, struggling to get by each day. I am so glad to be the instrument used by God and enabled in part by you to help them in this small way. Wow!!

